The Travels of Johnny Thunder

Hello, Johnny Thunder here. Welcome to my travel journal. You may have seen me and my friends in some of our other adventures. From Egypt to Asia; from the Lost World to the Amazon; we've been everywhere. Now, however, I would like to extend an invitation to join me on a tour through the real world. Check back here for pictures from my latest travels... -JT

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sand Dunes



The Great Sand Dunes constitute the second of my lost travels. These strange formations look like they would be more at home in the Sahara, but in reality are located in Colorado. The wind collects the sand and blows it up into the mountains, where it is washed down many little streams. Eventually the process builds these giant sand dunes at the base of the Rocky Mountains.

After leaving the sand dunes, we also made a quick stop at Bent's Old Fort, a reconstruction of an 1840s fur trading post.

See you next time!
-JT

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home