The Travels of Johnny Thunder

Hello, Johnny Thunder here. Welcome to my travel journal. You may have seen me and my friends in some of our other adventures. From Egypt to Asia; from the Lost World to the Amazon; we've been everywhere. Now, however, I would like to extend an invitation to join me on a tour through the real world. Check back here for pictures from my latest travels... -JT

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The South



Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten,
Look away! Look away! Look away!
Dixieland!


That's right, Johnny and Pippin are touring Dixie, the Southern United States. We stopped at the swamp at Congaree National Park, in South Carolina. Actually, since it was August it wasn't much of a swamp, though we did see this little green guy.

After leaving the swamp, we visited Atlanta, Georgia and saw the house where Martin Luther King Jr. was born.

From Atlanta we traveled west, stopping briefing at the Sloss Ironworks, in Birmingham, Alambama, to Tupelo, Mississippi and saw the birthplace of Elvis Prestley.

Leaving Mississippi, we entered Tennessee and stopped in Memphis (you can read more about that tomorrow). After leaving Memphis, we traveled into Arkansas and visited Hot Springs National Park (the least impressive national park, I've ever visited) to see the Hot Springs and the historic bath houses and health spas. We also dug for diamonds at the Crater of Diamonds, the world's only public diamond mine, which is where we are in the picture above. Sadly we did not find any diamonds, but we did get muddy.

Oh and yes, we did see king cotton.

Until next time!
-JT

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home