The Travels of Johnny Thunder

Hello, Johnny Thunder here. Welcome to my travel journal. You may have seen me and my friends in some of our other adventures. From Egypt to Asia; from the Lost World to the Amazon; we've been everywhere. Now, however, I would like to extend an invitation to join me on a tour through the real world. Check back here for pictures from my latest travels... -JT

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Capitol Reef (A lost adventure)



Last October, I took the family on a trip to Capitol Reef National Park, in southern Utah. There, in the red rock desert, the wind and water sculpted the cliffs into fascinating shapes. Some of these holes were large enough for a minifigure family to fit inside. Named for the white domes, which reminded earlier settlers of the eastern state capitol domes, and the difficulty traversing the terrain, which reminded pioneers of sea reefs, the area is also known as the waterpocket fold, for the numerous pools of water hidden throughout the cliffs and valleys.

After ascending a steep road up the side of a mountain, the view was spectacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home