The Travels of Johnny Thunder

Hello, Johnny Thunder here. Welcome to my travel journal. You may have seen me and my friends in some of our other adventures. From Egypt to Asia; from the Lost World to the Amazon; we've been everywhere. Now, however, I would like to extend an invitation to join me on a tour through the real world. Check back here for pictures from my latest travels... -JT

Monday, October 09, 2006

Point Reyes



Hello, fellow travelers!

My most recent adventure took me to the Point Reyes National Seashore, purported to be the windiest and foggiest point on the Pacific Coast.

Though this adventure was not as impressive as some I have had (the foliage was dry and the cows were copious and rather smelly, and this is coming from someone who finds farm smells rather pleasant), there were still some highpoints.

Specifically, I would mention the Tule Elk, inhabiting the northern portion of the peninsula. If you look closely you can see them.

Also worth a visit is the historic Point Reyes Lighthouse, which operated from 1870 until 1975. Did I mention it is also located at the bottom of a flight of 308 concrete stairs?

Finally, I would mention the spectacular ocean views. Rocky cliffs perfectly frame the violent surf crashing on the beach and if you look down the cliffs, you can see pelicans soaring hundreds of feet below you.

That's all I have time to write for today. I'll fill you in on the remainder of my adventure later in the week... next up: passing through the City by the Bay.

Happy Travels!
-JT

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point Reyes Lighthouse is, of course, one of the central locations in John Carpenter's 1980 movie "The Fog" ... good luck on your adventures ;-)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home